SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION for 2020-2021
This horticulture scholarship is open to citizens of the United States who have completed the 2nd/Sophomore year of undergraduate study. The applicant must be attending an accredited college or university in the State of Ohio and have achieved a grade point average of 3.2 or above.
The scholarship award of $10,000 will be made to the student who demonstrates financial need and plans a career in horticulture and allied fields. The award will be sent directly to the financial aid office for payment toward tuition and books.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate exceptional dedication to horticulture and whose career goals involve teaching, work in the public or nonprofit sector, and sustainable agriculture.
The application must be completed in one sitting. Your progress cannot be saved.
Questions: Contact [email protected]
- Submit two (2) separate essays adding anything else you consider pertinent to this application. Your name should appear as the header for each essay. The following information must be included:
- In your first essay write a description of why you believe you are deserving of financial aid for this horticulture scholarship, including what personal efforts you are making to meet your financial obligations.
- In your second essay, describe your career and personal goals based upon your academic major. It is understood that these may change over time. With respect to the mission of the Western Reserve Herb Society how do you propose to use your education, talents and ambition to improve public horticulture?
- Complete Zverina Online Application and Attach Essays
- Email Transcripts and Recommendation Letters
- All correspondence should have the applicant’s name in the subject line.
One (1) Letter of Recommendation:
Forward one (1) letter of recommendation, one of which must be from a professor. Your name must appear in the subject line of the recommendations forwarded.
Arrange with your college’s Office of the Registrar to send your official transcript to: [email protected]
If your college does not have an electronic official transcript pathway, ask the college to mail the official transcript to:
Western Reserve Herb Society
c/o Cleveland Botanical Garden
11030 East Blvd.
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
This application, essays, transcripts, and recommendations must be received by February 28, 2020.
Email all correspondence to: [email protected]